Tidmore Family

This is a blog about the Tidmore Family. We have moved a lot since we met, and we have met so many fantastic people along life’s journey. We are hoping that this blog will help us keep in touch with the wonderful people who have come in and out of our lives.

Name:
Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Update

Ok, don’t everyone fall out because I have actually posted something on my blog. It has only been 8 months since my last post. That is not unreasonable is it?

Anyway, since my last posting a lot has happened.
I quit my job at BellSouth
Matt quit his job
We moved from Atlanta to Huntsville
Matt stated working for ESPN radio. You can catch his show at www.espn1450.com
I started working for ITC^DeltaCom. I would tell you what I do, but no one would understand it, and by the time I finished explaining it, you would all be asleep
Liv has started daycare at the University of Alabama Huntsville – yes, she is that smart, already in college. Well, she thinks she is

So as you can see, it has been a bit busy. And all of the above really only happened since the middle part of May.

We miss the youth group and all of our friends in Atlanta like crazy. The youth group there is amazing and the leaders are amazing too. I miss seeing them on Sundays and working with the youth band during the week. I also miss my work friends like crazy. I am enjoying my new job, but BellSouth people are a different breed. The people at ITCD look at me like I am from Mars. At least at Bell I did not stand out that much. Those of us in Sales op / Marketing were all pretty weird. Miss you guys.

Even though I do miss my ATL friends, it is so nice to be back in Alabama. It is wonderful that my parents are only 2 hours (and no ATL traffic) away. I have been able to see them a lot since we moved here. Matt’s family is all here in the Huntsville area. Having my support system so close to me has been wonderful. I don’t know who I did it before. Liv loves seeing all of the family more often.

Matt is doing well. The radio show is really taking off. His co-host is Gary Darby and the producer is his long time (20 years) best friend Matt Castleman. The three of them make a great team. I love listening to the show, and I am the one that can not stand to listen to talk radio.

Liv is doing well. She will be 2 in October. She is such a girl. She will not leave the house without her purse stiffed full of hair bows, and dress up jewelry. She is a hoot. This weekend we took her to the Huntsville bicentennial celebration. She loved the parade and has marched around like she is in the marching band. We them went to the children’s discovery museum (can’t remember the name of it). She and her cousins played all over the place. It is such a wonderful thing to step back and watch you child play and learn. My Mom was in town and we had the best time watching her interact with the other children and activities. That night we took her to the fireworks. We have been preparing he for this by asking her what the firework says. The answer is of course, BOOM Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle. Once the fireworks started she was so excited and kept yelling BOOM Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle. She thought they were great. It is a moment I will never forget. Matt, Liv, and I were all curled up on a blanket watching the display and at that moment, nothing else mattered except being together. I looked over at the two loves of my life and saw them smiling and enjoying the moment as their faces were lit by the different arrays of color from the fireworks overhead. I’ll never forget it. I am so blessed with an amazing husband and child.

On Sunday, I had to explain to people why my child was yelling BOOM Sparkle, sparkle, sparkle as she walked though the church. She of course was pretending to be a firework.

I will try to be better about posting. After working on a PC all day, I really do try to avoid our office. I will ask Matt to post some recent pictures of Liv.

Traci

3 Comments:

Blogger Vickie said...

Thanks Traci!! I loved reading your post. So glad you're back in Alabama and posting again.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Man, I wanted to be the first to comment! Ms. Vickie!
Okay, Traci, I had a thought... what about we do a football weekend? See if Liv can stay with grandparents, and we can meet before the game, etc...

11:43 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Yipee!!! Traci does still exists! I thought you may have gotten lost in ATL or something. I'm glad in Bama. Maybe we can spend some time together. I hope you do blog more often & put some new pics on here.
Oh...I love watching Jeremy on the news!

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home