Tidmore Family

This is a blog about the Tidmore Family. We have moved a lot since we met, and we have met so many fantastic people along life’s journey. We are hoping that this blog will help us keep in touch with the wonderful people who have come in and out of our lives.

Name:
Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Whole Wide World

Matt and I have been engrossed with the coverage of hurricane Katrina and the devastation of the Gulf. We are cutting back on the amount of coverage we are watching because we are finding ourselves totally overwhelmed instead of praying for the people like we need to.

I see the children and I cannot wrap my mind around what it would be like to not be able to provide for Liv. I see the looters and wonder, if I could not feed her, what would I do. Would I steal? Would I kill people attempting to come near our family to take the last supplies we had?

After those questions, I began to wonder where was God? Why did this happen. Why are so many innocent children suffering? This is only in the Gulf. What about the children in Iraq and the Middle East who are blow to pieces when they are just walking to school? What about the people that are still displaced because of the tsunami? What about the children in Africa who are dying of aids in a war-ridden country? What about the children of India who starve while fattened “sacred” cows roam free? The list goes on and on. God, where are you? What are you doing? Why do things like this happen?

As I was thinking these things, from the back seat Liv said, “World, Mommy!” I know that world mean she wants me to sing one of her favorite songs. So I began, “He’s got the whole world in His hands, He’s got the whole wide world in his hands……”

I began to cry and ask thank the Lord that in the midst of chaos and in things we don’t understand, He has it all under control in his hands. Our personal circumstances that seem small to the world, but seem like they are closing in on us, they are in His hands. The major events that rock nations, they are in His hands. Things may appear to the natural eye to be in turmoil and chaos, but………He’s got the little bitty baby, in His hands. He’s got the whole world in His hands!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Girl, I'm tearing up and my arms have chills up and down them. Thank you for sharing that. Love you and miss you.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Vickie said...

Thanks!! That was awesome Traci.

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home